This award recognizes the outstanding achievement which an individual or group has made towards furthering the aims of student development in community colleges. The recipient may have made this foremost contribution through publications, research, service, practice, leadership, teaching, or a combination of these endeavors. The award is designed to honor either a singular achievement of exceptional impact or an achievement of superior quality sustained over many years. The leadership of NCSD judges submissions.
Submissions are judged on the following criteria:
- Achievement advanced the goals of student development
- Achievement will have a lasting impact
- Achievement will inspire others to achieve excellence
- Achievement was accomplished despite significant challenges
1. Compose a written submission (no longer than 4 pages in length) that provides the following information:
- Your name and contact information.
- State the nomination is for the “Achievement of Excellence Award”
- Name of the individual or group being nominated along with contact information.
- Describe the achievement.
- What exactly has the person or group accomplished?
- Why is this achievement considered outstanding?
- Over what period of time has this achievement occurred?
- Why will this achievement have an ongoing impact?
- How has this achievement furthered the goals of student development in community colleges?
2. Attach any accompanying materials such as testimonials, media releases, photographs, videotapes, etc. (optional)
3. Emailed submissions were to have been emailed to the National Office (email@example.com)
Any accompanying materials should have been sent to:
NCSD National Office
P.O. Box 3948
Parker, CO 80134
Previous Award Winners
- 2006 Steven R. Helfgot, Maricopa Community College, Tempe, AZ
- 2005 Bill Hewitt, Irvine Valley College, Irvine, CA
- 2004 Rosemary Woolley, St. Louis Community College at Forest Park, St. Louis, MO
- 2003 Dick Robertson, Miracosta College, Oceanside, CA
- 2001 Richard Haney, Frederick Community College, Frederick, MD
- 2000 Alfred L. Carter, Manchester Community College, Manchester, CT
- 1999 Alicia B. Harvey-Smith, Baltimore City Community College, Baltimore, MD Selection Criteria